What could I give up if God came calling? The chance to do something that would make my husband happy while doing God's work has got to be a calling. If we are being called to accept a change, would we be able to pick up and follow Him?
Could we do without the space we have now? We have been blessed with so many things in our lives. I pray for the ability to learn to live without so many THINGS. Gadgets and books and blankets aren't going to do us any good when we get to heaven, but here on earth I sure do want them.
- As he passed by the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting their nets into the sea; they were fishermen.
- Jesus said to them, "Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men."
- Then they abandoned their nets and followed him.
- He walked along a little farther and saw James, the son of Zebedee, and his brother John. They too were in a boat mending their nets.
- Then he called them. So they left their father Zebedee in the boat along with the hired men and followed him. Mark 1:16-20
I was talking to a friend about this and said I'd love to have a handbook for life. Her reply, short and sweet, perfectly precise; "You do. The Bible."
So that is where I will start. The Bible will always be the thing we take with us, no matter what we have to leave behind.